[INSERT NAME OF YOUR MEMBER FOR LYONS]
Hobart TAS 7000
[INSERT MP’s EMAIL ADDRESS]
Dear [MP’s NAME]
Concerns regarding the Cambria Green development
I am [A LYONS VOTER AND/OR I HAVE A SPECIAL CONNECTION TO THE CAMBRIA AREA AND/OR EAST COAST] and am greatly concerned regarding the proposal for a planning scheme change to facilitate a massive development on the Cambria property near Swansea.
I was one of more than 460 individuals who made representations to the Glamorgan Spring Bay Council objecting to the Cambria Green planning scheme change [IF NOT A REPRESENTOR THEN DELETE]. I am most concerned with this proposal because of [CHOOSE FROM SOME OR ALL OF THE BELOW–you need to include your own wording]:
- Precedent that could destroy the east coast
- Sheer scale and intensification of proposed development
- Environmental impacts
- Loss of agricultural land and water supply
- Traffic and increased use of airplanes
- Detrimental impact on local tourism businesses
- A community swamped by inappropriate development
For more information, please visit www.eastcoastalliance.com.au and Cambria Green’s $100m proposal raises concerns as deadline for public comment approaches, The Mercury, 12 June 2018
I know that the assessment of the Cambria planning scheme change is not the responsibility of state members of parliament. However, I have written to you as one of our local state members for Lyons to express my concerns. I hope that you can recognise and reflect the strong concerns that exist in the community and think about how your party can prevent further ‘Cambria style’ developments.
- Please can you raise my concerns regarding the Cambria proposal by:
- Discussing my concerns in the state parliament
- Asking the Liberal government what they intend to do to prevent more ‘Cambria style’ developments
- Making media statements expressing the strong community concern
- Discussing the strong community concern with your party colleagues and party leader
- Coming out opposing the proposal or calling for changes to stop more inappropriate developments.
I would welcome a written reply and any details regarding your actions in response to our concerns. I would like to meet with you and your party colleagues at a time of your convenience regarding the Cambria proposal.
Yours sincerely [INSERT YOUR NAME AND CONTACT DETAILS FOR REPLY AND/OR FEEDBACK]